Looking for healthy snacks for your kids or even yourself?
Try one of these nutrition packed snacks!
1. Toast a whole grain waffle and top it with low fat yogurt and sliced peaches.
2. Top low fat vanilla yogurt on two graham crackers with crunchy granola and sprinkle with blueberries.
3. Toss dried cranberries and chopped walnuts in instant oatmeal.
4. Parfait: Layer vanilla yogurt and mandarin oranges or blueberries in a tall glass. Top with a sprinkle of granola.
5. Peel a banana and dip it in yogurt. Roll in crushed cereal and freeze.
6. Mini Pizza: Toast an english muffin, drizzle with pizza sauce and sprinkle with low fat mozzarella cheese.
7. Mix together peanut butter and cornflakes in a bowl. Shape into balls and roll in crushed graham crackers.
8. Mix together ready to eat cereal, dried fruit, and nuts in a sandwich bag.
9. Microwave a cup of tomato or vegetable soup and enjoy with whole grain crackers.
10. Rocky Road: Break a graham cracker into bite size pieces. Add to low fat chocolate pudding along with a few miniature marshmallows.
11. Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over a corn tortilla, fold in half and microwave for twenty seconds. Top with salsa.
12. Microwave a small potato. Top with reduced fat cheese and salsa.
13. Smear a scoop of frozen yogurt on two graham crackers and add a sliced banana to make a yummy sandwich.
14. Stuff a whole grain pita pocket with ricotta cheese and Granny Smith apple slices. Add a dash of cinnamon.
15. Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or low fat cream cheese. Top with raisins.
16. Peel a banana and dip it in yogurt. Roll in crushed cereal and freeze.
17. Inside Out Sandwich: Spread mustard on a slice of turkey. Wrap around a sesame breadstick.
18. Spread mustard on a flour tortilla. Top with a slice of turkey or ham, low fat cheese and lettuce, then roll up.
19. Banana Split: Top a banana with low fat vanilla and strawberry frozen yogurt. Sprinkle with your favorite whole grain cereal.
20. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on hot popcorn.
21. Fill a waffle cone with cut up fruit and top with low fat yogurt.
22. Make snack kabobs. Put cubes of low fat cheese and grapes on pretzel sticks.
23. Spread peanut butter on apple slices.
24. Blend low fat milk, frozen strawberries, and a banana for thirty seconds for a delicious smoothie.
25. Make a mini sandwich with tuna or egg salad on a dinner roll.
Category: Home & Family